In India, there are many cases of people consuming mashed Oleander seeds to attempt suicide.
It may look like an attractive flowering shrub, but don't be fooled! Oleander is one of the most poisonous of all commonly grown garden plants, and though it's especially toxic to children it is often planted in school yards. It is a hearty bush and grows on many different continents, and with beautiful, fragrant blossoms, it is tempting to include it in any garden... just don't even think about touching it or tasting the leaves or stems.
A small child can experience symptoms after handling just one leaf from the plant, though typically it takes more contact for severe reactions to take place. Upon consumption, the poison causes intestinal issues like vomiting, diarrhea (sometimes bloody), excess salivation, and cramping/pain. It can also cause a racing, irregular heart rate, poor circulation, tremors, seizures, coma, and death.